Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to order parts for my car when I ran into this problem.
They gave me 2 choices for my year. (1991-1993) or (1993.5-1994)
How can I tell which year my 93 is?

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
The 94 B13 SE-R had the low port intake manifold. You can tell the difference easily. When you look at the engine, if you can see the fuel injectors, it is a high port manifold (91-93). If the injectors are buried under the intake runners, it is the low port intake (94).

Lew

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lshadoff said:
The 94 B13 SE-R had the low port intake manifold. You can tell the difference easily. When you look at the engine, if you can see the fuel injectors, it is a high port manifold (91-93). If the injectors are buried under the intake runners, it is the low port intake (94).

Lew

thanks for replying

·
Registered
16 Posts
lshadoff said:

Lew
This inspires a good question, is there any noteable performance difference between these intakes? Or a greater value between the two?

·
Registered
25 Posts
nhladky said:
This inspires a good question, is there any noteable performance difference between these intakes? Or a greater value between the two?
I have had both and I will say that the highport felt as if it had a little more punch to it. So first choice for me is the highport, but I would take either one. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
nhladky said:
From se-r.net,
"The '94 and newer low-port engine moved the injectors closer to the intake valve and increased intake port velocity at low engine speeds"

Because of the shorter runners, the high port intake has marginally better high rpm performance, and the low port has better low rpm performance.

Lew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts