Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 sentra special edition 1.6 liter automatic. The car was having problems starting and the starter went dead so I replaced it. After that repair I tried to start the car and it turns over just does not ignite. Before I knew the starter was bad I kept trying to start it so I thought that the engine may have been flooded with fuel. I removed the spark plugs which were soaked in gasoline, I unplugged the distributor with the spark plugs out and crank it over so the extra gas would blow out. Then I let it sit for 30 mins to dry out while I went to buy new spark plugs. So I plugged everything back in with the new spark plugs and confirmed there was spark. And tried to turn it over and still it would not start. I could smell fuel when the spark plugs were taken out, I got spark from one of the plugs I tried and the car still will not start. It's not even like it will crank and misfire, I cant even feel one cylinder fire. Also looks like it has a new cap and the car looks like it was taken care of very well before I bought it. any ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts