Nissan Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
OK, here is what I've done so far, pretty much all that this thread has done.

-Checked timing belt (just recently changed all belts and timed 2 months ago)
-Checked plugs (new plugs about 6 months ago)
-checked wires (racing wires changed 1 yr ago)
-checked fuel pump (changed 2 yrs ago, but still pumping)
-checked distributor cap (about to replace whole distributor but not if this thread tried that already and didn't help)
-checked/replaced ignition coil with another stock one

Turns over, doesn't fire. Everything sounds healthy while turning over???

Don't know what it could be?? unless it is the ECU fuse or whatever this thread was suggesting. I just want to know if it worked for this person? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Miss my car ;(
i have the same problem check out the power transistor it plug in to the coil

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, I have the same exact problem!!! My 1986 Nissan 300ZX Turbo has been sitting for almost 3 weeks now. We can't figure it out!! Did you find a solution to your problem?? Can you tell me please!!! would really appreciate it! Need my car back badly!! But don't want to bring it into a shop who will charge an arm and a leg, plus towing.

Thanks
i also have that problem check out ing module (the transator) that is right beside the coil. If it goes bad no spark

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have the same problem

Problem:

1. Won't Start but it's cranking.
2. Pulled out #1 plug and there was no spark.
3. Disconnect the ignition coil wire from the CAP and no spark either.
4. Changed the Ignition coil and test it again but was the same problem, No spark.
5. I've spare ECU and pulled out the old one and plugged in the new one but got the same issue. Didn't start or even no spark either.
6. Based on the haynes manual, I've tired performing the diagnostic but there was no indication of light in the LED's. No response when the ignition was turned on.
7.I checked for busted fuses but I couldn't find something that related to ignition.
8.Pulled out the distributor assembly and tried replacing it with my spare but didn't do any improvements. Still no spark!!!

I would really appreciate it if you could provide me some of your expertise on this z-car issues.

Thanks and looking forward for any of your HELP....

Regards,
JR
Its could be your transitor module that plug in to the ing. coil i just order one for my 86 300zx turbo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its could be your transitor module that plug in to the ing. coil i just order one for my 86 300zx turbo
..imack069 is online now Report Post autozone has them for $140.00 but i have someone with uses parts email me @ [email protected] for website

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok, so I went to get a used Power Transistor just to see if that would be the problem, still have the same problem so i checked voltage it went down to 6 volt from 11.6 i will check the neutral next,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ignition Pickup coil

Ok, so I went to get a used Power Transistor just to see if that would be the problem, still have the same problem so i checked voltage it went down to 6 volt from 11.6 i will check the neutral next,
Change your Ignition pickup coil of you don't have a spark and your coil is not bad. It is inside your distributor. It is a round black thing with a thin silvery disk in it that rotates. You have to remove a thin steel plate after you take off the rotor. Once you remove that thin plate you will see it. There will also be a brass piece with a screw in the center you need to remove.

·
Registered
2 Posts
intermittant no spark

87 300zx with no spark or fuel at times. when it starts, it doesn't miss run rough or smoke. runs perfect until i shut it off and let it cool down. then no spark

·
Registered
3 Posts
iv got the same damn problem man i have checked and replaced everything that deals with ignition and still nothing, it doesnt make sense at all and im getting even more pissed off each day, i would suggest you dont buy any pointless parts like i did, some of the coils in parts were bad and i have replaced all of it. once you figure out your problem i would really appreciate it if you would send me a message telling me what it is! im hauling it off to the shop tomorrow possibly so if they can figure something out ill post it here in the comments for ya because i know the fuckin struggle!! ITS BULLSHIT!!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
1987 nissan 300zx turbo excellent running car when garaged 8 years ago now I have no spark at the plugs. Have tried everything in this forum except the ignition switch. Anybody have any ideas

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey i had mine taken to the shop and they said it was the terminals to my wiring harness, he also said he just cleaned them up plugged it back in and after that i got spark and it finally started right up! so check that out maybe. hope this helped

·
Registered
22 Posts
put a 12+ straight to the igniter positive terminal then see if you have spark at the distributor. if you do then, its likely your not getting power to the igniter. in my case it was the ignition switch was failing and only making contact to feed the igniter sometimes replaced it with toggle switches and all is well..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Problem:

1. Won't Start but it's cranking.
2. Pulled out #1 plug and there was no spark.
3. Disconnect the ignition coil wire from the CAP and no spark either.
4. Changed the Ignition coil and test it again but was the same problem, No spark.
5. I've spare ECU and pulled out the old one and plugged in the new one but got the same issue. Didn't start or even no spark either.
6. Based on the haynes manual, I've tired performing the diagnostic but there was no indication of light in the LED's. No response when the ignition was turned on.
7.I checked for busted fuses but I couldn't find something that related to ignition.
8.Pulled out the distributor assembly and tried replacing it with my spare but didn't do any improvements. Still no spark!!!

I would really appreciate it if you could provide me some of your expertise on this z-car issues.

Thanks and looking forward for any of your HELP....

Regards,
JR

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,895 Posts
The problem could be a bad crank angle sensor that's located inside the distributor; also check the harness connector for it; examine the pins for any oxidation.

Have you performed an ECU code readout? If you're getting a code 11, that points to a problem with the sensor.

Here a procedure to do a code readout:

41 - 55 of 55 Posts