Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
good day, please i have nissan parthfinnder 2001, No current in the spark plugs,and the coil is not shocking, which i have change the two crankshaft sensors the same issue,and i scan the vehicle No ECU code,please what should i do? thanks clems

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,880 Posts
The engine actually has two crankshaft position sensors; one is at the back by the oil pan and flywheel called a positional sensor; the other one is at the front by the oil pan called a reference sensor.

There is also a camshaft positional sensor that's located on the engine front cover facing the camshaft sprocket.

Any one of those sensors could be defective causing a loss of ignition to the spark plugs.

A common problem with random engine shutdowns is a marginal camshaft position sensor or a marginal crankshaft position sensor. Most of the time when this happens, the "check engine light" never comes on; subsequently when performing an ECU code readout, there was no fault code set. There's been many members here on the forum that have had problems similar to yours and the fix was replacing those sensors.

The best and cheapest fix for this situation is to replace those sensors at the same time; the reason for doing this is there is no way to determine which sensor is at fault with this type of condition. You can take your vehicle to a dealer/repair shop and they'll tell you there is nothing wrong after they go through with diagnostic tests because at that time the vehicle was running OK. You could end up spending $200 or much more depending on how much time/parts are used.

When replacing sensors, always use Nissan OEM parts from a Nissan dealer; aftermarket electronic items generally are not reliable, don't last long, and many times are DOA. The sensors are not very expensive; around $75.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts