its powered.

how do i remove the broken part?

do i have to remove the door panel?

any instructions?

called dealership. about 150 for labor. 50 to paint it. $140 for the mirror

·
Registered
203 Posts
You should have the car wash pay for the whole deal and not even mess with it. Just give them the quote and tell em to make it right!

·
Registered
851 Posts
wow, the dealer gets 150 bucks to pop off the door panel, remove...what....3 bolts?? and put those same three bolts on and pop the door panel back on? im opening a car dealership for sure!!!

·
absolutely classic
455 Posts
soccrstar said:
the car wash busted my right mirror

was so pissed.

its powered.

any instructions?

Yeah, the carwash should take care of that. Let them pay for the dealer to fix it. Personally, I changed out my busted mirror in like 15 minutes, it's a very simple job. Just take the door panel off, take the cover off the mirror, unplug electrical stuff, and swap in the new one. That's the abridged version, but you get the idea. I still say make the carwash pay for the dealer to put it in, at least it'll look good that way.

·
Banned
1,530 Posts
scooterbob said:
You should have the car wash pay for the whole deal and not even mess with it. Just give them the quote and tell em to make it right!
Probably ain't gonna happen. Most car washes have disclaimers posted before you enter stating, "not responsible for damages that occur....etc."

·
nissan??? whats that
280 Posts
Timbo said:
Probably ain't gonna happen. Most car washes have disclaimers posted before you enter stating, "not responsible for damages that occur....etc."
i just got a car wash after reading this post and it says "WARNING not responsable for damages to aftermarket parts" but nothing says not responsable to stock stuff

·
new motor & tranny
1,756 Posts
here i saw this earlier today on ebay so i went back and looked for it. You said it was the right side, im assuming you are talking about the passenger side. Here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33649&item=7952034821&rd=1

$46.99 + $15 for shipping. Better than dealership :D

soccrstar said:
the car wash busted my right mirror

was so pissed.

its powered.

any instructions?

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
When I used to work at the Car wash we had to replace several side mirrors. We did have a disclamer, but it doesnt include oem parts. We would try to fight them, but they would presist and they would get their way.
So if you bother them enough they will replace it. Also dont let them give you a bunch of free car washes and some details for it. They will if they can.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
each time i go there they say they gotta wait for boss.
2morrow when i go there only going to say one word. "LAWSUIT"

theres no disclaimer, no nothing regarding not responsible for broken parts.
they better cough up the $350.00 to replace it

B14_Stealth said:
here i saw this earlier today on ebay so i went back and looked for it. You said it was the right side, im assuming you are talking about the passenger side. Here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33649&item=7952034821&rd=1

$46.99 + $15 for shipping. Better than dealership :D
thank you very much

man it sucks so much having to manually adjust that mirror :thumbdwn:

[edit]

where can i get those power folding mirrors? do they make them for the B14? if so where can i get 'em and how much?

[edit2]

google is your friend... found some at this site...

http://www.nissanautobodypartstore.com/auto-body-parts/NISENTRA9599NS16ER.html

wonder if its legit. and how would it work on my car. does it fold on its own when car shuts off or what

i'd jump on it if i could get more info on it.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
They do have the right to have it fixed where and how they want to. They will try to used recycled parts if they can find one in good enough condition.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts