Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was looking through some older threads but didn't find anything remotely conclusive on this issue. On occasion, my car will buck like the fuel was cut around 3500 rpm (about when the VTC kicks in). Theres only 127K on it and it has been well maintained. I was thinking maybe my fuel pump was going but once its above 3500 or so shes good all the way to 7K. Before 3K theres nooo power, yes I know its a 1.6 but still. Then the engine will lurch like crazy out of the blue around 3500 (sometimes) and all is well in higher revs. Ummm...what on earth is going on? tps, ecu, cam chain tensioner, egr valve????
:confused:

·
Registered
147 Posts
i have had some problems with mine too, still havent found the problem, mine spits, sputters and bucks not so bad sence i had replaced the fuel lines but i still feel a loss in power especially when its cold, i have checked everything but im not going to worry about it as im going to build a sr20 over the winter

·
Registered
27 Posts
Actually I think I know what the problem may be. Mine is doing it at 2500 RPMs with a new intake. It does it much later with the stock intake but I know that my EGR valve needs cleaning or replacing. Sounds like that might be the problem with yours. The EGR is connected to a bunch of vacuum hoses and if thats compromised by a leak or a valve stuck open it cause the car to stutter at low RPMs. Sometimes it may seem like it wants to stall out.
Hope that helped.

·
Registered
147 Posts
where is it and how do i clean it etc.

·
Registered
27 Posts
actually, im not sure. Its why its still a problem. All I know is that it causes those problems and advance auto said it would take some work to get to the EGR.

·
Registered
1 Posts
EGR more than likely is not your problem. I had this same problem back in 98 and it turned out to be nothing more than a bad spark plug wire. replace them and i'll be its fine after that..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts