Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

My mother drives a 1995 Nissan Maxima. About a month ago, she was in a hit-and-run accident. The driver's side of her front bumper was hit by a truck.

There was extensive damage to the front of the car, and to the left-side frame rail (or side member).

A repair shop managed to fix the damage in a few weeks.

Before I left the shop with the car, I made sure that everything worked well: the engine, the air conditioning, the turn signals, and the radio. Everything was OK.

The car has been working well over the past few days.

However, recently, something strange happened. The radio plays properly, and the sound comes through loud and clear. But the radio's display has gone dark. There is nothing on the display. Does anyone here have any ideas as to what is causing the dark radio display and how to fix the problem? Is this radio issue connected to the repair of the frame rail and the front of the car?

The repair shop gave us a lifetime warranty on the repairs that the shop performed. But, before I contact the shop about the radio screen, I want to find out for certain whether there is a connection between those repairs and the radio screen.

Thanks for any information.

·
Nissan Enthusiast
3,163 Posts
No there is no connection. You already stated it was working when you picked it up, and it was working for a number of days afterwards. I am pretty sure it is just a double din unit in a 1995 Maxima. Easiest is just to replace it with a new unit or find a used one from a wrecker.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an update on the radio situation.

I read somewhere that banging on the radio display can get the radio display to come back on.

So, I turned on the car, turned on the radio, and banged on the display. And the display came back on.

After a few minutes, I turned the radio off.

After 30 seconds, I turned the radio on again. This time, the display was very barely lit.

I banged on the display repeatedly, but nothing changed.

So, I turned off the radio and the car.

After a few minutes, I turned on the car again.

And I turned on the radio again.

This time, the radio was fully lit.

Is there a fuse which controls the radio display and which is easily accessible to the customer?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts