Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just lost my daily driver. Pretty sure its a fuel issue. If I let the car sit a while it will start and idle for a while. If I try to move the car it will go for a about half a mile and then die. The entire time im driving I can barely give it more than a quarter pedal for gas. Anything more it bogs and or dies. Like I said pretty sure its fuel but hell it could be a sensor or spark to. Any help narrowing it down will be greatly appreciated.
93 SE
5 speed

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody??? Just need a couple other heads thinking with me on this.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks going to look at it now.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still looking

Nope the rotor is intact, little wear but nothing out of the normal. Thanks for the suggestion. Thats exactly what im looking for. Things that have happened with your cars.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anybody else? Any other issues you guys have run into? Please guys.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Hey Kizer have you downloaded the Manual yet? There is some pretty good troubleshooting stuff in it that might help you out. How did you determine that the problem is fuel related? Do you have fuel when you go to start it? How about spark? Have you checked for spark as Nick suggested? There are some easy ways to do these things. Does the fuel pump cycle up and shut off on pressure when you turn the key on? When you try and start it have you tried pulling out a spark plug and giving it a good look see if your not getting any fuel you will know and if the spark is the problem then the plug should be soaked with fuel. These two things should narrow down whats happening with the car. Let Us know how you make out....

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah have the manual. I do have fuel and spark. The car runs for about half a mile then will cut out. Its either fuel or a sensor is heating up and killing it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Have you gone to your local Autozone to have them run you computer? I'm assuming that you have a check engine light on? If you can get there and get the code let me know and we will figure it out.
As a matter of fact I think there is a way to pull a diagnostic code from the computer by counting the flashes? Read the manual I believe its there.....

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah being lazy about it. Trying to find time to get a good look at it.

·
Registered
178 Posts
could be the fuel filter... that'd be my guess

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats what Ive been leaning towards. Just waiting for time and a ride to get to the parts store. Hopefully will be soon.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK so just replaced the fuel filter. Everything seems to be normal or as close to normal this car will get.

·
Registered
178 Posts
good to hear. . . good luck:idhitit:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts