Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Car melts in the rain... (won't start)

I have a 96 Sentra that has been acting up in the rain lately. The car runs fine in sunny weather and it runs fine before or even during a heavy, soaking rain. The only time it seems to act up is after it's been sitting out of the garage during a soaking rain. I moved the car out of the garage last night and it started fine. I parked it in the driveway and went to start it today and it wouldn't start. It turns over, but it doesn't sound like normal. It almost sounds like the starter isn't engaging (or something isn't). It fires some, but again that's pretty limited too. It's done this in the past and I've replaced some parts, which I thought may have remedied it, but it seems not. The car has never died from this...only not started after shutting off myself. Once it dries out, it starts and will run fine for a while again (or at least it has in the past)

In the past 6 months or so, I've replaced the alternator, battery, starter, distributor cap, plugs, and wires. Any ideas on what may be causing this? I'm fairly sure it has to be something electrical...

-Brandon

·
Proud 2004 X-Trail Owner
691 Posts
wheels_99 said:
Once it dries out, it starts and will run fine for a while again (or at least it has in the past)

I'm fairly sure it has to be something electrical...
Electrical problems... maybe, so check MAF connections & specially Grounds: look for Sethwas signature, he got there URL's to his Ground-holic era.

Looking also at the same air intake, Have you checked, there isn't a leak that soaks something there?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts