Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
High times
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago I had a spark plug gap close on me (Maybe butterfly screws)at that time nissan said "no trouble found" yeah right, well last night when I stopped in the driveway to get the mail. It just freakin cut off, I said hummm maybe spark plug again, well this morning on the way to work it died at 55mph, JUST died, I clutched it took some doings but it started, it did it one more time, so when I got to work I called Action Nissan to come and get it. I was missing and running real rough.... I bet they say "could not duplicate problem" I tired of this crap....

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
have you had all the recalls done?

·
High times
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I had all of them done when I got the notices in the mail...

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
oh man, that could be one in a million problems :(

I could start going down the list but judging by your other posts, you know what initial things to look for and I guessing you didnt have any luck. I hope the dealer is more helpful for you in the future. :(

·
High times
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

well I got my spec back from dealer today, It appears the pre-cat came apart so they replaced it. also replaced the 02's, and Bearing-seal, E part # 20695-8J010 what ever that is. when I picked it up "late pickup time", it still had alittle miss under accelleration, However the miss is starting to go away.....

·
High times
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well today the SES started blinking then went steady, So i did the gas peddle thingy, and came up with a 0301 code(misfire) so I reset the code moved the coilpack to #2 from #1 cyl and got a 0302 so that tells me I now have a bad coilpack, AARRRRGGG. I will call NIssan in the morning..

·
8,328 Posts
i would demand a whole new longblock if the precat went bad. It could have damaged the internals.

·
High times
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, I got'em to do a oil consumption test. block the drain plug, dipstick, and oil filler cap....

·
Banned
408 Posts
chimmike said:
have you had all the recalls done?
My mom has a 2000 Sentra GXE, do those recalls aply to her car?

·
8,328 Posts
call your dealer, and have her check via her vin # dude. Don't hijack other people's threads.

·
High times
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How would I start the issue of getting another engine From a hardnose dealership, This one seams to be giving me the runaround? The dealer I bought the car from is in clarksville tn. I live in Nashivlle now, I guess if things don't go well here I will just take it to Clarksville dealer, at least there I got first class service....I'll wait and see.....

·
High times
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
update

Nissan called me today and told me that they're putting in a new engine and that the reason was the butterfly screw bumbed up the cylinder pretty good. They said it will be ready this friday or monday....
Also he said they had about 10 engines in Nashville so it was easy to get one... YAHHH!!!

·
High times
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update to car in shop

Nissan called me today and told me that they're putting in a new engine and that the reason was the butterfly screw bumbed up the cylinder pretty good. They said it will be ready this friday or monday....
Also he said they had about 10 engines in Nashville so it was easy to get one... YAHHH!!!

·
Nissan Wizard
193 Posts
Dwntyme said:
What's your build date on your car?

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
im gonna have to rip my intake manifold apart and loctite those damn screws. with everyone having problems, it's worrying me some. i may even install a hondata while i'm at it.

·
High times
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well, I call nissan to find out the status of my car, and it's not ready yet,been over a week. it appears that not only did the screw come out of the butterfly, when it turned side ways the whole shaft broke......!!!!!!!!!!! so it want be ready for a few more days....Man I miss my ride....

·
High times
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
fkin sentra, and still no recalls

well, I call to find out the status of my car, and it's not ready yet, it appears that not only did the screw come out of the butterfly, when it turned side ways the whole shaft broke......!!!!!!!!!!! so it want be ready for a few more days....Man I miss my ride....

·