Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told a year ago that the catalitic converter needed to be replace and he quoted me 2200 for it. I thought that was ridiculous given the fact that my 2001 sentra with 125,000 isn't worth a heck of alot. Today I noticed the car started shaking and it smelled like eggs.

From what I understand it is the egr. I have 0 experience working on cars. It doesn't seem to hard to replace and if so how do I find out how to replace it on my car. If I can't replace it will it cost a lot?? Will a bottle of good feul cleaner work? Or am I screwed because of the catalitic converter?
Thanks

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,244 Posts
If you look on courtesyparts.com you will find the main 3 way cat is $430 for the Nissan part.
Even if this takes 4 hours, which i doubt, the labor should be under $300- $400.

Why does this mechanic think he can charge you $2200 ?

Go to another mechanic or the dealer and let them diagnose this even if they charge you $50 or $100.

At least you then know for sure whats going on.

cut and paste below, remove quote marks
"http://www.courtesyparts.com/kb_search_result.php?keywords=[20900+A]+\(b15u&cPath=2837_2838_2861_2863"

·
Registered
215 Posts
cat

also if you would like a price i can try to beat their price i work at cerritos nissan. you can inquire at cerritosnissanparts.com, i will need the vin number because there are a few different versions of the cat

1 - 3 of 3 Posts