1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, I've got one very similar. The benefit to the Xtrail is that the antennae are right above windshield. The general rule is, the closer you can get the transmitter to the aerial the better off you are. On my 2005 Altima it didn't work very well because the aerial was "built in" the back window.

Do not think this is going to give you the same sound quality as a stereo with an ipod connection. There's still some slight distortion and you run the risk of having to change the station it is tuned to if you are in a radio heavy city (i.e. NYC). Basically it sounds like a good FM station.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I've got one very similar. The benefit to the Xtrail is that the antennae are right above windshield. The general rule is, the closer you can get the transmitter to the aerial the better off you are. On my 2005 Altima it didn't work very well because the aerial was "built in" the back window.

Do not think this is going to give you the same sound quality as a stereo with an ipod connection. There's still some slight distortion and you run the risk of having to change the station it is tuned to if you are in a radio heavy city (i.e. NYC). Basically it sounds like a good FM station.
thanks for the reply

appreciated :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
in my experience they are crap, i've had a few and they are a crackly. if you have a cassette deck use a cassette adapter, ceaper and better sound quality

·
Registered
26 Posts
FM transmitters are normally garbage, but it depends on your location. I am in Ottawa and I find there are too many radio stations that cause interference and static. I also travel to Montreal quite a bit and the FM transmitter has problems keeping up. I was constantly switching the default station on the transmitter to find a clearer signal usually there was none.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts