Nissan Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just hooked up my audiobahn amp to my car and its not turning on. im not sure what the problem is and how to fix it. so...

1. all the power cables are pluged in in cluding the ground, but the amp still wont turn on when i start the car. the fuses are good.

·
Registered
108 Posts
chillow said:
so i just hooked up my audiobahn amp to my car and its not turning on. im not sure what the problem is and how to fix it. so...

1. all the power cables are pluged in in cluding the ground, but the amp still wont turn on when i start the car. the fuses are good.
Do you know what a remote lead is? take that and connect it to the 12v power wire on the amp while the car is turned on. If the amp works, it'll turn on. If it doesn't work, then you know what else to check. Make sure not to run the amp with the remote hooked up to the 12v on the amp, otherwise it'll always be on.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Otherwise known as check and see if the amp comes on with a 12V source then hook it up to a switched 12V source off the back of the head unit (that way it only comes on when the headunit does)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts