Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car just won't start?? my car had problem starting, the battery is all good, spark plugs, just changed oil , battery cable tight, theres a click but no crank, engin dont move?? could it be my starter is it dead?? someone help me out, i checked everything is there something i missed??

thankz
lil vinny

·
Former B13 owner...
302 Posts
If when you turn the key and it only clicks but doesn't start the car, it's most probably your starter has given out. I had the same thing happen to my car about 4-5 months ago... I'd turn the key... everything on the instrument panel would turn on... but wouldn't start the car... only made a clicking sound everytime I'd turn the key... I went to Pep Boys the next morning and told the guy there my problem and he told me that he was 99% sure it was my starter... and he was right on the money.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thankz

thankz for the info, im goin to check into it today, hopefully i can get one installed before the races this weekend....

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Take a large object (eg big screwdriver) and give the starter a good whack. It might start, but it probably won't start again a second time. Atleast you won't have to tow the car.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
My wife's '97 Grand am did that on monday night, turned out the battery only had a surface charge and was actually bad, took a little while on the load tester to verify that. I thought for sure the starter was just too hot or something, or that if the battery was bad that the alternator was the culprit, since the atlernators on 3.1L chevy's are known for going bad. (The thing has cowl induction cooling ductwork for the alternator. I just gets too hot and goes bad). But sure enough it was the battery.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i actually had to tow the car like a block, i was on my break and i went to the corner store and it just died, had to get pops to pull the car home, it yanked on my front piece and pulled it out a little, now i gots more of a problems repairing my front kit, how long do you think it will take to replace the starter??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts