Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a dumb question, but I can't unclip the tail light wiring harness to install the trailer wiring harness. Can anyone help? I see how to do it, but I can't unclip it, and I don't want to break the clip. Any advice would be apreciated.

2004 Frontier Super Charge Stock (For Now).

·
Registered
383 Posts
This is NOT a dumb question. LOTS of automotive harness connections are very difficult to unclip, especially after a few years have made them inflexible and brittle. Usually there is a little tab to press in, so one must press in WHILE pulling apart, not that easy. Some require a small screwdriver to press in a hidden tab. And some will break no matter what you do. I'd bet the feds made the manufacturers adapt a "safety" for connectors so they don't vibrate loose, but your issue is the result. I don't think a professional mechanic would have any better luck at this than you. Sometimes special helpers like needlenose vise-grips or bent needle-nose vise-grips can help a lot. If it does break, use cable ties or electrical tape to keep it together, the electrical continuity will still be fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts