Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having a problem with my 1994 Nissan Sentra XE with a GA16DE motor for 2 years now. It was losing acceleration on the highway so I gave it a complete tune up (plugs, wires, air filter, fuel injector cleaner etc.) but no luck. I even tried an air intake cleaner and still had the same problem. When I failed the emissions test a mechanic suggested a new throttle position sensor but that also didn't work. Another mechanic suggested a new catalytic converter but that didn't work either. I still failed the echeck and it still lost power.

Finally, another mechanic narrowed it down to something with the EGR valve. When the hose connected to the BPT was removed, it ran like it should, but by then I had put enough money in to it that I applied for the waiver and ran it without the EGR valve connected.

Now I'm due for another echeck and I failed the first one, as expected. So, I replaced the EGR valve, reconnected the hose and its back to running like crap again.

Please help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Failing Worse now after Echeck!

I just replaced the EGR valve and went for another echeck and the results were worse then before.

Anyone got any ideas?:confused:

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
i dunno man, sounds like it's hooped. you're just gonna end up putting butt loads more money into it to try and fix the problem. maybe it's time to scrap the car, or drop a new engine in it (preferably the latter). GA16DE's aren't expensive by any means. you'll pay less for the engine than you will for a performance exhaust.

·
Registered
249 Posts
$250 for an exhaust, $600 min for a GA16DE long block, do your math next time $250<$600. I just got done replacing my GA16DE. $950 form risingsunengines.com.

KBARTZ try moving to a state that dose not require a check, lol! I don't know anything about the EGR system so cant help you there.

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
$250 for an exhaust, $600 min for a GA16DE long block, do your math next time $250<$600. I just got done replacing my GA16DE. $950 form risingsunengines.com.

KBARTZ try moving to a state that dose not require a check, lol! I don't know anything about the EGR system so cant help you there.
i said performance exhaust... thats $500 before shipping. i can get a long block for $300 with less than 50 miles on it. $450 shipped. you paid too much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts