Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend that is a master tech has no clue about this but can i just swap out i guess it would the gear box/transfer case form a FWD to a AWD? i have a AWD trany i just bot but if i ever need a back up trany i wont to know if i can just swap that one part out it would be so much cheaper.

o my friend pointed out that the motor is a e16i as well and i was thinking about buying the cam that is in the sticky's but im dont know if it will work or not. and i didn't see it and where unless i over looked it

·
Registered
56 Posts
First off, it is called English and using punctuation and usage/grammar. Please use it.

Second, will anyone here be able to help you without you giving us the info of your car. Make, model, year? Is your car FWD or RWD? If it is FWD then the AWD tranny prob will not work.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
look not ever one can spell, i wont to you see you go throw the learning disable classes form grade 4-12 and tell me how good your spelling a grammar would be? but then again there is all ways one person that say something even know they could just keep there mouth shut and go you need to post a little but more info.

its a 1988 Nissan sentra 4door wagon FWD with a E16i motor. o its a 1.6l t-body injected if that matters any

and yes the trany swap does work. what i wont to know is if i can swap the gear box/transfer case off a AWD and put it on a FWD trany and if the cam they are talking about in the sticky's will work or not.

o and you talking to a welder/fabricator if i need to cut to make room i can.

·
Registered
56 Posts
look not ever one can spell, i wont to you see you go throw the learning disable classes form grade 4-12 and tell me how good your spelling a grammar would be? but then again there is all ways one person that say something even know they could just keep there mouth shut and go you need to post a little but more info.

its a 1988 Nissan sentra 4door wagon FWD with a E16i motor. o its a 1.6l t-body injected if that matters any

and yes the trany swap does work. what i wont to know is if i can swap the gear box/transfer case off a AWD and put it on a FWD trany and if the cam they are talking about in the sticky's will work or not.

o and you talking to a welder/fabricator if i need to cut to make room i can.
your a welder/fabricator, awesome. Can you proof read atleast so you can understand what you are saying? All of your posts I have to read at least twice to understand. I am sorry if I come off as a dick, but I hate having to reread to understand something being asked simply. And I have disabilities too, I am a New Yorker in Texas, so we can start with that, lol. No one needs to know your personal issues bud, just remember if you need help, we need to understand what you are asking.

To your actual question, if the tranny will work then the transaxle should too...look under the car and see if the wagon you have and the AWD wagon both have the same look to them, that might help you. If it fits, go for it. Document your build, and show us. Maybe sonicgundam will be able to give you better help with your ride, pm him and see.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its ok its i get made when people tell me to use English the right way. if you really wont a head act you should see some other the papers i had to write in school. if i read over thing i came fix a lot of my grammar miss ups.

but all in all the build is going good so far, and i have not had to cut anything other then the exhaust. but the car sets 2in higher then stock so moving that over one be to much of a problem.

the one question about the cam is all i need to know now is if it will fit or not. i will give the thread some time so people can see it before i pm him.

thinks for the help

·
Apprentice Technician
784 Posts
it won't work.

4WD B12's were GA16i cars. there never was a 4WD e16i, so the tranny won't mate up at all.

in an 89-90 b12 you can use a 4WD transmission, you just don't have a rear differential to hook a drive shaft into, so you wouldn't

similar concept as making a linear mounted AWD drivetrain RWD by simply unhooking the front driveshaft from the front axle and transfer case.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well then someone has swaped out motors some where along the line, b/c the AWD trany i just put in fit right up and everything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts