Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just purchased a 2006 Nissan Xtrail second hand. I found out what dealership it was purchased at and gave them a call. The service manager told me informally the vehicle had been very well taken care of. Which makes me happy. However, I asked him for a copy of the maintenance records and he told me privacy laws forbid him from disclosing the records to anyone besides the orginal owner.

So do we have any XTrail driving lawyers in the bunch here? I don't think it's right that I am now the legal owner of the vehicle and I can't have a copy of the vehicles known service history. I don't want the original owners information, just the dealership maintenance records.

I don't even know where to start in this matter.
Cheers
TBK

·
X-Trail Moderator
902 Posts
Your best bet is to keep talking to that dealership.

They should be able to tell you about maintenance records informally as you mentioned.

As for actual copies, it is true that you will never see them because of privacy laws... unless the dealer has a way of only printing date and maintenance without any of the previous owners info on them but I doubt it.

I have some of my dealership bills/maintenance papers where they have foot notes on how to reach me on my cel phone or office number as well as credit card info... I sure would not want anyone getting copies of this after I sold my car :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I suppose that is true, really all I want is point form list of what was done to the car. Oh well.

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts
Alternatively, the dealer can stamp your service book with all the service intervals that were done to the car without giving any information about the previous owner. Actually, they can even print this information without the header info. which would include the previous owner details.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts