Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WARNING:

The small Tim Horton's coffee cup is too wide at the top to sit properly in the X-Trail's dashboard cupholder. The cupholder's flip-up lid interferes with the lid on the cup, so the cup sits with a rearward tilt.

If the driver accelerates while said small cup is full of coffee, and the tear-away opening of the cup is facing towards the rear of the vehicle, unpleasantness may occur.

You may find yourself uttering foul language while swabbing the louvers of your ventilation duct with a Q-Tip. You may also find yourself grinding your teeth as you wipe up the inside of the cupholder and the entirety of the dashboard in proximity of the cupholder.

NOTE: it is of extreme importance in the event of a Tim Horton's / X-Trail cupholder mishap, that you do NOT blame your wife for placing her cup thusly in the cupholder. Doing so will only lead to amplification of the aforementioned unpleasantness.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Real Canadians don't drink Small coffees.. besides.. the prize distribution on the "Roll up the Rim" is much higher on the Large. I say boycott Small coffees!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
digitaloutlaw said:
Real Canadians don't drink Small coffees.. besides.. the prize distribution on the "Roll up the Rim" is much higher on the Large. I say boycott Small coffees!!
You mean small Tims Coffees :)

Got it, large Tim's, less chance of spill, more chance to win R-R-R-R-R-Roll up the Rim to win :)

Do you suppose I would have a hard time fitting this Tims cup into the holder? :loser:

Notice the 1 liter Nalgene beside it. That Tim's mug will hold 2 liters and its thermal :cool:

I don't really use the mug, I just had to buy it because it was so outragious!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yes thanks ecrase2500 & DigitalO. I have already told my wife of this as she always frequents Tim Hortons for "Roll up the Rim.." days

So ecrase2500, what your example situation based on actual events? ;) :balls: Sorry man, but thanks for sharing the gained wisdom

·
XTRAIL-HOLIC
2,228 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Although this is a reawakening of a 3 year old thread, and the fact that the cupholders are still the same size and the fact that the Tim Horton's cups haven't changed, I don't have a problem with the extra large Tim Horton's cups in my cupholders.
As for getting rid of the small coffees, I agree. There just isn't enough coffee, cream, and sugar in these minis.

Also, Roll Up The Rim is back, and I am 1 for 22 (that is between my wife and I) lol. We are the proud winners of a donut. MMMM Donuts!

·
Registered
298 Posts
I found another problem with the medium cup. If you have a Java jacket on it, the corner of the java jacket gets stuck on the cup holder lid.

Quite troubling

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cupholders in General

why didn't Nissan put the cupholders in a more accessible place? It is a real pain when you have a taller mug, water bottle, and it doesn't fit because of hitting the front window and tilts. as well they should have made them able to accept various sizes of cups and keep them still (pressure clamp) when you wheel around a corner

·
Registered
10 Posts
I totally agree !! Everyone that hitches a ride in my X-Trail have all complained about the cup holders ! I mean can't do much about it either lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts