Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To end this utter confusion of all canadian 240's have LSD's, they don't. Or i'm almost 100% positive my car isn't from the states. I jacked up my rear end to find out, spun one tire, and the other didn't even move. Plus my tires were really easy to spin. Hope this clears up some confusion. BTW i have an 89, no ABS and no HICAS

·
Tarmac Terrorist
272 Posts
little240boy said:
To end this utter confusion of all canadian 240's have LSD's, they don't. Or i'm almost 100% positive my car isn't from the states. I jacked up my rear end to find out, spun one tire, and the other didn't even move. Plus my tires were really easy to spin. Hope this clears up some confusion. BTW i have an 89, no ABS and no HICAS
I read some where that in 1991, the 240's with HICAS came with LSD's stock, but I could be mistaken.
I am almost positive that the 1989 would not have an LSD stock, Canadian or not, easiest way to check is to check out the VIN #, and get someone who knows what each digit stands foe.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think so. In the FSM I have here, there isn't a place for that sort of thing. There is however a trans axle # on the ID plate, haha where the VIN is found! Who knows!

·
Tarmac Terrorist
272 Posts
little240boy said:
I don't think so. In the FSM I have here, there isn't a place for that sort of thing. There is however a trans axle # on the ID plate, haha where the VIN is found! Who knows!

http://www.socal240sx.org/ Has all of the information on any year 240SX, it clearly states on the 1991 models equipped with HICAS that VLSD came with it, i'm not sure of the other model years but you can check out for yourself!
:cheers:

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
100% positive that your car isn't from the states? Mine was made in Japan. You can check out the VIN. The ones that weren't manufactured in Japan were manufactured in the U.S.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts