Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not 100% sure it's my tranny yet, It might be my cluch.
it was making a howling noise ,kinda what you would hear when backing up , And i could also hear like a berring and or metal scraping/grinding. A few day's ago the shifter seemed to get a bit stiff ,harder to put into gear, first gear being the hardest.

Then today i was in town and that's when it happend, all i heard was a loud scraping noise and then a clunk, after that i could not put it in any gear. So i sat there for a bit ,I was just about to call a tow truck and i tried one more time, i finally got it into 2nd gear.
When i went to pull away it kinda felt like the E brake was on but i got it rolling, I drove it all the way home in 2nd gear with my four way's on. It saved me about $60 bucks for the towing bill.
When i was driving i could smell gear oil really strong like it was burning. Now it's in the yard and i could see a bit of the gear oil dripping on the ground.

Any info or comments about this would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your help.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it is my tranny for sure, so i need to know what tranny will fit my car i'm in canada ,i have a 1991 sentra se 2 door us model ga16de 5 speed.
can anyone tell me what trannies are a for sure fit, what will bolt wright on to my motor pls
and would i have to chang axels or anything like that ?

(I NEED ONE NOW) thanx for your help

·
Platinum
462 Posts
Yeah, that really sound like your tranny. Don't order your tranny until you yank it off though.. There is always a little chance you can fix that thing.
You can use your stock drive shaft unless you really decided to go with JDM tranny with LSD. Clutch, flywheel, and everything else (except the speedo sensor i mentioned on other thread) should be the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts