Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay... so... my blue 240.. has been broken for about 3 months now, very sad... very very sad ... :(... and im going to ask you guys if you think this is the problem that we think it is... the car will start, and run.. but wont go anywhere... my dad owns the honda clinic in chicago & is obviously a mechanic..worked on it for atleast 6 hours one day.. changed about 20 different things/possiblities... and him, and 4 other ppl decided that it has to be the timing chain... do you think what they are saying is right?.. Either its really loose, or really broken off.lol. I bought a whole new timing chain kit for it, but dont want to put it on..if it does nothing to fix the car... any help is appreciated thank you!

p.s. im still trying to sell my red 240 (cracked block,needs motor) it's gotta go..so i will sell for cheap. If any of you want dibs, let me know... on
AIM: Still the Engine

or just let me know on here...

·
Erin Go Bragh!
168 Posts
I dont think it's the timing chain. I could be wrong, but I dont think the car will run with bad chains. My Sentra's chain guides wore out and caused the chain to slip. After that, the car wouldnt even start. I cant think of any reason that the car wont drive other than transmission or drivetrain problems. Try asking your question in the appropriate engine section of this forum and you'll get more responses.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts