Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a LM-2 unit and wondering if the fuel mixture can be messed with on a 90 HB injection system?

My cat converter disappeared and if possible Id like to lean this puppy out, especially at cruise RPMS.

Anybody?

·
Hardbody Freak
2,675 Posts
Ive got a LM-2 unit and wondering if the fuel mixture can be messed with on a 90 HB injection system?

My cat converter disappeared and if possible Id like to lean this puppy out, especially at cruise RPMS.

Anybody?

you read it and tell me where it says i read the codes and there is no problems..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Come on now boys...

·
Registered
265 Posts
seriously, you're asking questions above this board's head. this place is good for figuring out basic stuff up to changing a timing chain. But I haven't really seen anything here about tuning an HB. There are a few KA-specific boards out there that might be more help when it comes to fucking around with engine management stuff, though. Can't name a single one off the top of my head though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you have a z24 in there adjust the Throttle position sensor it performs a lean rich mixture that is adjustable I believe. probe a volt meter to the o2sensor and watch the readings change as you move the tps.

·
Registered
706 Posts

Anybody?
What's your A/F ratio reading @ cruise now? I got a 86.5 HB and I recently had an O2 wideband bung welded on to me headers and ceramic coated the headers. My cruise A/F ato is 16.0-17.0 to 1. This is extremely lean but this is down stream of the AIV air injection system so it's reading dam close.
What you can do to adjust your a/f ratio is only during wide open throttle via an adjustable fuel pressure regulator in which you can purchase from Courtesy Nissan's Nismo site. In closed loop the computer doing it's job keeping it in the ballpark. Just be careful of wanting your mixture reall lean, it's long term effects can be pretty costly; blow head gaskets, melted pistons, damaged valves etc.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts