Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Proud owner of a GA16i
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's my question for the day. On my way home from work today, my speedometer dropped from 65 mph to 0. About a second later my CEL turned on. Nothing else seems to be wrong with the car. So what do you guys think? I'll research this in the FSM in the meantime. . . thanks for the input.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
Galimba1 said:
That's my question for the day. On my way home from work today, my speedometer dropped from 65 mph to 0. About a second later my CEL turned on. Nothing else seems to be wrong with the car. So what do you guys think? I'll research this in the FSM in the meantime. . . thanks for the input.
inside the speedo, there is a speed sensor teeling the ECU that the car is rolling over 10mph. so you gotta change the cable...

·
Proud owner of a GA16i
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, I also read it recently in the FSM. Damn, the Duct Tape fix is only good for a couple thousand miles.

·
Proud owner of a GA16i
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I priced a speedometer cable at the local (to my job anyway) dealership. They want 50 bones for a brand new Shaft - Flex Speedo cable. Expensive? lemme know. . .

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
get another quote from napa or some other one ... might be alot cheaper ... dealer can get really expensive on those item...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts