Nissan Forum banner

Can the 95-97 ecus take advantage of a UEGO sensor?

1707 Views 9 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  khemicol
Can the ecu software use the wider more exact A/F values of a UEGO sensor or would they just be converted to a rich/lean value?
Is there a section of code that can be remapped?
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
peter96 said:
Can the ecu software use the wider more exact A/F values of a UEGO sensor or would they just be converted to a rich/lean value?
Is there a section of code that can be remapped?
No they can't, only some standalones can like Motec, AEM, Speedpro.

The B15CA model does use a UEGO sensor though.

Mike
Is there a particular advantage that you see in using an UEGO sensor? I'm just curious what your train of thought is.
James said:
Is there a particular advantage that you see in using an UEGO sensor? I'm just curious what your train of thought is.
You can run in closed loop through the entire operating range of the motor by just filling the VE table of the map with the desired A/F ratio. There is some risk if you have sensor failure though or an exhaust leak of some sort.

Mike
Oh. Can't you do that anyways with the stand alone system by itself? Most stand alones don't include new UEGO sensors do they?
James said:
Oh. Can't you do that anyways with the stand alone system by itself? Most stand alones don't include new UEGO sensors do they?
No because a regular O2 sensor is only accurate within a few percent of 14.7:1. This is only for cruze and low load type conditions refered to as closed loop operation.

A broad band sensor can be used to run the engine entirely in closed loop from any preprgramed a/f ratio.

Mike
I don't want to go standalone, I was looking for a plug and play answer.

Since the b15 ecu isn't hacked, whomever boosts the QR more than a few psi will probably have to use a standalone.

What advantage could be had using a uego w/ a standalone over a standalone w/ normal O2sen for the above situation?
Yeah that was what I was kinda getting at...
James said:
Yeah that was what I was kinda getting at...
I should have answered your question above! Broad bands are used for tuning mostly.

Mike
So lets say we get a B15 with the CA ECU..... Is it possible to run a serious mod like a turbo for example and the computer self tunes the fuel part of the map providing the proper A/F ratio be set in the computer?


Sorry to bring up and old thread but its better than repeating one and getting yelled at lol.


Khem
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top