Nissan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The purpose of the raised hood conversion? Its when you put spacers under the hood latches to make the hood slightly angled...

You can see it alittle on Nadines car:

Is it purely for show or does it have a purpose?

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
On the Z's which this is not you have to raise the back part of the hood to make the pathfinder intake fit... May be the same in here but I don't know of any intakes for the KA24E that would need it.

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
What do mean, is it just for looks? That car looks awesome with raised hood!

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
cooling for drift. Because the car is mostly sideways, there isnt much air flow over the engine while drifting. Raising the bonnet gives more airflow to keep the engine cool. It doesnt work very well for normal and highway driving because travelling at speeds creates a low pressure zone under the bonnet that sucks dirt and water in.

·
so close to turbo...
925 Posts
ive never seen that before....i dont like it personally....looks like they bent the hood or something on accident...the rest of the car i do enjoy though. very nice reserved kit

·
Registered
347 Posts
Joel said:
cooling for drift. Because the car is mostly sideways, there isnt much air flow over the engine while drifting. Raising the bonnet gives more airflow to keep the engine cool. It doesnt work very well for normal and highway driving because travelling at speeds creates a low pressure zone under the bonnet that sucks dirt and water in.
Like tha MAN saiys::::
And the rest of the crew is just doing it for looks.
As It Destroys the AIR FLOW for anything else as for speed and adhesion.
:)

·
I should be azRS13...
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Joel... Does it help alot durring drifts? What would be some other options to cool the engine durring drifts?

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
it does if you dont have electric fans or any bonnet vents. The bonnet vents are a better way to go cos the good ones work on the freeway too.

Twin 12" high flow Davies Craig electric fans work pretty good too.

·
Biru O' Kudasai
1,426 Posts
If you can channel the air into the intake it makes a traditional cowl induction setup because of the high pressure area at the base of the windshield.

Troy

·
Registered
24 Posts
It's more of an RX-7 thing, they have a terrible problem with over-heating. But I guees you could pull it off on a 240.

·
Biru O' Kudasai
1,426 Posts
Mildly moded FDs had a problem with overheating not the FCs... I've owned several 300+hp FCs and built many more in my experience unless there was a problem with the water jacket o-rings overheating was not an issue.

Also to add more to why not to do this, you don't want any type of leaks under the hood because if you do the cabin air intake vent is right at the base of the cowl and will pull in potentially noxious gases or at least just be stinky air.

Troy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah I had those on my car, then one day I was driving on the freeway and the hood flew up and smashed the windshielf and sunroof, bent all the way back, I dunno if that was the main problem, b/c my hood latch was pretty old too, and I had it replaced just in case, so now I run without my hood raised...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts