Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if the parts from a 91 nx1600 fit onto a 92 nx2000?? cause theres a car for sale and i want to buy it and use it for parts but dont know if the parts fit ...if anyone knows let me know pls..
thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
whiptastic handling said:
does anyone know if the parts from a 91 nx1600 fit onto a 92 nx2000?? cause theres a car for sale and i want to buy it and use it for parts but dont know if the parts fit ...if anyone knows let me know pls..
thanks
That depends on what you want.
Some interior parts will swap easily as they're the same thing. T-Roof, seats, hatch cover, some body pieces.
Engine - no.
Suspension - no.
Brakes - no.
Unless you can be more specific with what parts you want, the best answer you're going to get will be very vague.

·
Aaaayh!
439 Posts
nissannx said:
Some interior parts will swap easily as they're the same thing. T-Roof, seats, hatch cover, some body pieces.

The NX2k doesnt have better seats than the 1.6 NX? I knew the seats werent great, but figured they were better than the base model. :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
120 Posts
UpChuck said:
The NX2k doesnt have better seats than the 1.6 NX? I knew the seats werent great, but figured they were better than the base model.
The cloth is different, but the seat itself is the same.

·
Registered
65 Posts
nissannx said:
Engine - no.
Suspension - no.
Brakes - no.
????????????????????????
What?

100% of the parts will swap!

It might not be logical or desireable to swap a 1.6 motor in place of the 2.0, but you CAN do it.
Same goes for the brakes, suspention, ...everything.

In these high gas price times, it might not be such a bad idea. (Probably easier to just do a good tuneup & reground the engine & MAF.)

·
Registered
120 Posts
INX2C said:
????????????????????????
What?

100% of the parts will swap!
Okay, you got me. I was not thinking of a wholesale swap (as you say, it's not logical so I didn't consider it ), but of grabbing a couple of parts here and there. That is, you shouldn't take just the calipers off of a 1600 and try to make it work with the 2000s existing brake components; you couldn't pull the head or manifold off a 1600 and use it on a N2K block.
With those components it's all or nothing.

As to the point of wanting a more efficient car, then sell the N2K and buy something economical.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts