Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i buy a skyline and be able to drive it legally in the us in california and get it registered without changin anything around

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
whoa there killer. before posting like this, it's wise you do some reading around.

1) If you don't have $30,000 or more to pay for one, stop thinking about this right now and don't respond to anything.
I say that, because most people who have the kind of money to buy a skyline know where to look and how.
2) read the forum a bit.
3) check out www.rbmotoring.com

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
Nice. RB has a left hand drive conversion R33 for sale. Anybody got $80,000 I can borrow?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
i know someone with an r33 gt-s auto for $25K............chances are tho this is still far out of your price range. meh lets not start a flame war (i know we havent yet but i see it acomin :thumbup: ) he's 15.....the skyline is not your normal tuner car, its not a cheap pos from the factory that people mod for cheap, it is a true sports car with a true sports car price and resale like your supra or RX-7. but since it was never sold here in the states you need to add on $$ for shiping from over seas then more $$$ for motor and safty legalization.
and before you go and buy one i will save you........click this and ask him about his good times buying a skyline on ebay

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
1.6pete said:
i know someone with an r33 gt-s auto for $25K............chances are tho this is still far out of your price range. meh lets not start a flame war (i know we havent yet but i see it acomin :thumbup: ) he's 15.....the skyline is not your normal tuner car, its not a cheap pos from the factory that people mod for cheap, it is a true sports car with a true sports car price and resale like your supra or RX-7. but since it was never sold here in the states you need to add on $$ for shiping from over seas then more $$$ for motor and safty legalization.
and before you go and buy one i will save you........click this and ask him about his good times buying a skyline on ebay
Careful, he'll sell try and sell you his non-legalized one.

EDIT: you can also move to Canada, where you can import a 15 YO Skyline and drive around for much less money. Oh and they have a lower drinking age too. And someting else is legal there that's not here from what I understand ;)

·
Old Cat
285 Posts
bII

what is the deal, i obviously would have said that dooshbucket....in any event I am working with a japanese fellow who is going to team up with myself and mass import these...Start flaming but i am looking to show PROOF in the very very very near future that I can get someone to legalize them. Give me 48 hours before you start the bitching and flaming.

·
Registered
145 Posts
im going to end this thread....

if you have to ask if you can get one, then you cant afford it. for a kid like you, its really much more time, hassle, and money than you want to deal with right now.

·
Viva el iPod
1,232 Posts
SkylineR33gts said:
bII

what is the deal, i obviously would have said that dooshbucket....in any event I am working with a japanese fellow who is going to team up with myself and mass import these...Start flaming but i am looking to show PROOF in the very very very near future that I can get someone to legalize them. Give me 48 hours before you start the bitching and flaming.
I was just playing, hence the ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts