Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
First post here. My daughters boyfriend has a 95 Pathfinder and they came for a visit yesterday. He broke off the arm that controls the lights and turn signals. Now all he has is a small white plastic piece about 1/2" long. My question is. Can I find a used arm assembly and change that? Thanks in advance.

kskt4

·
3,553 Posts
They cost about $75 at the dealer and it comes out after you take off the steering column covers. I don't think you even need to take the wheel off.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yep..Took one off at the pick your own parts junkyard.Was just a matter of a few screws and a plug in.Same with the wiper arm also.I have a 92.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just switched out the original for a junkyard part and it works just fine. Cost about C$35 versus over C$120 from the dealer or even C$180 something from NAPA auto parts (if memory serves).

Easy to fix. Just take it easy on the screws holding the lower steering wheel case in place so as to not break them or strip them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks '88'. It does come out w/o having to pull the Steering wheel, but what a complicated peice of junk !!!. I cleaned mine with electronics cleaner and a clean business card. Just like a set of ingnition points...............you remember those don't you !!!. Worked fine....until I put it all back together..........4 times. Then it finally started to work like its suppose to. I wonder how much Nissan paid the guy who designed this thing !!!!...............Way too much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts