Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am kinda pissed that i didint get my car in stick, and i was wondering if there was any way that i could change my automatic tranny to a manual transmission with clutch and stick to the 6 speed? i could probably buy a used spec v gear box and stuff.

give me feedback on cost and whether its possible or not.

THank You

·
Registered
369 Posts
SE-R420 said:
I am kinda pissed that i didint get my car in stick, and i was wondering if there was any way that i could change my automatic tranny to a manual transmission with clutch and stick to the 6 speed? i could probably buy a used spec v gear box and stuff.

give me feedback on cost and whether its possible or not.

THank You
yes it can be done but its going to cost you:)

·
West Coast Redneck
1,127 Posts
SE-R420 said:
how much you think it will cost???

thanx
right now, no one knows, because it has not been attempted, as far as anyone knows with the new QR25 motor. You may have been better off getting an SE-R 5 speed, rather than the automatic. Its definatley possible, but the cost will be at least a few thousand dollars.

You're looking at:
  • New Transmission
  • Clutch
  • Labor of cutting into the floorboard to put in the clutch pedal
  • Slight modification to the area where the gearbox is going to sit.
  • A whole bunch of other things that I can't seem to think of at the time.
I know one guy on the board who has pics of his auto-to-manual swap for his B13 Sentra with the GA16 engine. It is also very time consuming, so you're going to need a second car, or have a very good friend be willing to shuttle you around. I'll post the thread URL for the auto-to-manual swap as soon as I find it.

-Sam

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the feedback, i didint get the 5-speed se-r because my parents didnt let me get a stick shift in general, if i was allowed to get a stick, i woulda bought the spec-v, but my parents thought that i would get sick of shifting since i live about 10 minutes outside of NYC.

2002 Black SE-R
AEM Intake
Stillen Exhaust
Ridiculous Sound System

·
Registered
369 Posts
SE-R420 said:
Thanx for the feedback, i didint get the 5-speed se-r because my parents didnt let me get a stick shift in general, if i was allowed to get a stick, i woulda bought the spec-v, but my parents thought that i would get sick of shifting since i live about 10 minutes outside of NYC.

2002 Black SE-R
AEM Intake
Stillen Exhaust
Ridiculous Sound System
just and some nitrous and you will smoke a car that has a stick:eek:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i want to add nitrous but after doing research i think nitrous will destroy my car. i need it to last another 2-3 years, until the lease is up. but if i get the money i will add the turbo available
nitrous is a good idea, but i dont want to mess up my engine.

thanx for the reply

·
Registered
86 Posts
SE-R420 said:
i want to add nitrous but after doing research i think nitrous will destroy my car. i need it to last another 2-3 years, until the lease is up. but if i get the money i will add the turbo available
nitrous is a good idea, but i dont want to mess up my engine.

thanx for the reply
Thurbo? what turbo? If there is one available do you have a link for me?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
then what is that thread on this forum that shows the picture and price of a turbo on the spec, the turbo is right where the winshield washer fluid container would be. it costs about 5 g's, so start savin

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
SE-R420 said:
then what is that thread on this forum that shows the picture and price of a turbo on the spec, the turbo is right where the winshield washer fluid container would be. it costs about 5 g's, so start savin
That would be a one of a kind Super Charger from Area 51 or Street Concepts, not a turbo... I know they installed it, but I have yet to see any numbers on it.

At this point your best option would be to trade it in and buy the Spec V.... would be cheaper than trying to convert it to stick... sorry...but true

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im going to just keep my se-r, which is actually pretty damn quick and beats a lot of sticks, and auto's. i put in a aem intake and stillen exhaust and it made a big difference,

mike

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what does it do exactly? like test pounds of torque, and hp at the wheels? does it show 0-60 time or 1/4 mile time?

MiKe

·
Go Drift Alliance!
646 Posts
SE-R420 said:
what does it do exactly? like test pounds of torque, and hp at the wheels? does it show 0-60 time or 1/4 mile time?

MiKe
Basically it tests the actual horsepower and torque to the wheels of your ride. It's a good starting point to see what you're actually putting down, and whenever you do a mod, you can see how much it's giving you. It's a tuning tool.

·
Registered
48 Posts
hey SE-R420....what is your 0-60 time?? also, you leased your car and are planning on swaping transmissions, why didn't you buy it??? because you are gonna have to if you do that. I have a auto also...cause I KNOW I would get sick of shifting.

·
Aaaayh!
439 Posts
No offense, but it is crazy to buy a car if its not exactly what you want. A new car is a lot of money and if you are going to spend it get what you really want. But if your parents paid for it, dont complain.

·