Nissan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wud up whomever, i was thinking about adding in a sr20det into my 1995 200sx se its currently on the stock ga16. I wanted to know if this was possible to do in my car. Also i wanted to know about how long is the swap and EVERYTHING i will need to do for the swap including even buying bolts and so forth i was thinking about starting with the harness, but i didnt know exactly if this engine would bolt up or not so i didnt want to risk buying it for nothing. IF anybody has preformed this swap could you shine some light or if anybody knows any good websites i would be appreciative thanks.

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
look under the hybred section... there is everything you need to know.

·
Banned
126 Posts
Its possible....
I Heard it was easier done if you had a se-r...
se's suck... :( we dont even get 4-wheel disc brakes

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
Do the research. It is extremely complicated and needs a lot of fine tuning. Way too much info. to list on a simple board thread. I'm sure someone has a link to a detailed write up on it. Search the boards and I'm sure you'll find one.

·
Banned
126 Posts
1997 GA16DE said:
YAY!!!! fastbrakes will soon have a rear drum to disc conversion.
great!!! do you know how much $$$ it should run?
THIS IS THE MOMENT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR... NOW I CAN GET LARGE AMOUNTS OF BRAKE DUST ON ALL 4 OF MY RIMS ;)

·
Tuner/Mechanic
266 Posts
well, 80% of the braking is done by the front. also, you can use just about any nissan rear discs that are 4 x 100 bolt pattern. i'm going to upgrade my fronts to AD22VF's and throw my front discs on the back.

·
Banned
809 Posts
I just took a look at my brake calipers today.. im thinking of painting them silver... anyways.. i want to know... to take them off.. there are 2 bolts on the back of the rotor.. that i believe is what holds the caliper on... Now, if i remove these 2 bolts, does the caliper come off? im afraid ill take something off, and not be able to put it back on...

·
Registered
547 Posts
lexky - You stole my idea!! JK. That's what I've been planning to do for a while. Hook it up with AD22VF's up front and my stock puny ones in back. Slotted rotors and MAYBE Axxis Metal Master pads. It should be a pretty easy swap right? Yeeeeah! Probably do it in January after I get x-mas $$$.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts