Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now i know this isnt something u want a Ga motor to do but can a ga shoot a flame outta the exhaust safely with out blowing nuffin up

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think pretty much any car can, but I don't really think it's safe. You have to make your exaust run rich and the have something in the tail pipe to ignite it.

·
Bow down BiAtch >;o)
1,356 Posts
there's a kit they sell that does that for like $100 you can use it on pretty much any car

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
mine shot out seven foot flames when i was going threw chicago, i was having really bad ignition problem, damn car sounded like a twelve gauge going off then woosh huge ass flame (could see it in my rear-view) no one was riding my ass that night!:D

·
FIVE SPEED&FOAM INJECTION
1,541 Posts
there is a kit made by autoloc, I had it on back order at my shop util I decided to not mess around with it, I decided I needed to buy actual performance stuff first. Its like 100 dollars and they dont recommend that you hook it up on fuel injected cars-- not like you cant though:)

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
landlord said:
mine shot out seven foot flames when i was going threw chicago, i was having really bad ignition problem, damn car sounded like a twelve gauge going off then woosh huge ass flame (could see it in my rear-view) no one was riding my ass that night!:D
ummm.....:eek:

·
Ive got a pickle 4 an arm
340 Posts
Basically you wire up some spark plugs to the tip of the muffler, then wire it up to the battery, with a switch that you can turn on off in the cockpit. basically a custom made job.

what it does is burn off whats left of the unused gas that flows out. Fuel injected cars are probably less likely to have unused gas due to the computer mixing the air/fuel mixture.

IF you ever watch NASCAR, specially on short tracks, you will sometimes catch a flame out the the exhaust, thats because of the unused fuel, and the natrual heat of the engien/exhaust. they get flames without spark plugs!

I don't really think a single flame out of the right rear looks all that snazzy, but hey; what ever gives you shits n giggles.

P.S. LandLord, thats pretty damn funny!

CLSO1A- it wasn't in F&F, it was in Gone in Sixty Seconds.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I don't think it looks all that special when u have to use spark plugs. I mean if you have to ignite it that way, it's not really worth it for showing off. There is nothing like a carbeurated 454 Chevy V8 shooting off flames with out the help of the sparks plugs. Can we say DAYUM?

·
340 Posts
That chevy is probably rebuilt with racing parts all the way through. which is why it would do that. its the way the engine was tuned. and i'm sure it would never get close to passing emissions tests.

Anyway who really has to know you using plugs? just hide them further up the pipe, maybe put an ignition box on it or somethin to get a "pulse flame"

But the car in "Gone" was diffinetly a spark plug job. i think it looked cool. even if they did add either or whatever to it.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Very true about it not passing emissions. But then again it wasn't meant for the street. It's a full time trailer-queen. :D

How far up on the pipe are you talking about? Before the muffler? Or right after it?

The car in "Gone" had to be a spark plug job. I can' see anyone wanting to put a car through that much torture, considering how many times they probably had to shoot the scene. I don't know though, they definately have the money to I guess.

So does anyone wanna find out for us? :D j/k (But I won't complain if someone tests this idea out)

·
340 Posts
i would say right after it. putting it before may do damage to the muffler. unless its a striaght through pipe. but i'd still hesistate to try it. but if your planning on buying a new muffler anyway.......

Again, on those old v8's there's enough "car" to hide a muffler further up the chassis, or they may not have one at all. giving you a bit more room to hide a spark-plug-special-effects-rig. on a sentra, hiding the spark plugs may be a really really hard thing to do since the muffler is RIGHT THERE at the ass end.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
I'd be willing to bet that the car in "I wanted out of the theater after the first 60 seconds" had a completely seperate setup that had it's own fuel and ignition source, assuming they didn't just impose the flames during editing. Sort of like in "Exit Wounds", do you really think they let some jackass actor drive around in $300K Lamborghini? Hell no, that was most likely a $60K Fiero kit car. Especially considering they didn't want it to come back looking like a brand new Hyundai still "In-Transit" with a banged up fender and door dings. :D

·
340 Posts
sicne G.I.S.S. would more likely hire cars for small spots like that beach boys flame blower, the actuall car's owner probably had that system wired up already. Dominic just said "hey tahts cool we'll use it in the scene"

FYI: Dominic Sena is the director. just in case you had no idea who i was talking about.

G

·
0 Posts
My sentra can shoot a 2-4" flame at about 6800rpm in first gear if i run it super rich. screw all the fake spark plug tricks just get a fuel management system and add horsepower while trying to make it look cool.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.