Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1996 B14 200SX SE with stock manual seats. Here's my problem, I'm 6'1" and my head is only an inch away from the roof (little more than an inch if I sit just right under the sunroof). Sucks going over the wrong bump, so I was wondering, would a racing seat or a custom bucket from someone like APC or Bride lower the position so that my head isn't so close to the roof, or will it stay the same?

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
BIRM_200SX said:
I own a 1996 B14 200SX SE with stock manual seats. Here's my problem, I'm 6'1" and my head is only an inch away from the roof (little more than an inch if I sit just right under the sunroof). Sucks going over the wrong bump, so I was wondering, would a racing seat or a custom bucket from someone like APC or Bride lower the position so that my head isn't so close to the roof, or will it stay the same?
It's not the seats themselves that will dictate the seat height, it's all in the brackets you use to mount the seats that dictate how high the seat will sit.

You could do a cheap fix and bolt in a pair of B13 SE-R front seats. They sit you at least an inch lower due to the seat's position on the rails. And they will bolt right in w/ no modification needed. You could go the custom seat route also, but just keep an eye on how high the mounting brackets will position the seat when mounted.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<laughs> No, I guess I just have a taller torso than you do.
I'll probably have an easier time finding B13 seat brackets than NX2000's. Heh, but, if I find the NX, I'll also get the brakes from it as well.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
91sentra said:
lol, are you sitting in a car seat or on a phone book?
Im about 6'4 and when i sit in a b14 i have pleny of head room.
yeah, I'm just a hair over 6' and I have plenty of room but my legs are long as balls. Seat all the way back and I still don't feel comfterable.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Pull a gansta lean and recline the seat, so when you look left you're looking out the back window. I'd go for those b13 se-r seats, know a guy that did that with his b14, cause his seat was broken, turns out a little lower. Those bumps would suck, but then again I wouldn't really know cause I'm nowhere close to 6 feet.

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
I remember on Pimp my ride when they did the 240 they had a problem with the seats sitting up high. MIght wanna see what they did.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I remember that one. The guy had a "racing" seat, but the seat was too tall, so they took the seat bottom of the orginal stock seat and put the back of the "racing" seat on that, then recovered everything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts