Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone really know if this 4WD system can handle a Snow Plow. Does it have a limited slip Differential in the rear? Do you get true traction to all 4 wheels in 4WD LO? Not Auto of course. I never see them used for such purposes in my NY area. Mostly Jeep Wranglers, 4 X 4 Trucks, .

·
Registered
117 Posts
i wood rather beat the crap out of an old dodge or chey not an 01 pathy just my opinion though

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
94 Nismo: Just thinking out loud as a possible sale to a local for that purpose. Not that I would buy a Plow rig, but a gardner ( who does much of the winter plowing of snow around here - large properties that no one shovels or snow blows). I would like to hear from the Technicians out there - anybody have experience with the Pathy to do that with it's std. 4WD system.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
94: Thanks, the link takes me to Pathfinder Plows.....I browsed the site though, no mention anywhere of usinga Pathfinder vehicle for snow plowing. Interesting......many of the vehicles used are older 4 X 4 Trucks (more heavy duty) Broncos, Dakotas, even Wranglers. I'd say that they probably have LSD in the rear at least. But I don't know that for sure. I'm not using my Pathy for snow removal, just curious for re-sale value to someone who might...

·
Registered
117 Posts
you could use it for that but i would think it would be very hard on it

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have a 92 pathy with limited slip (does seem to work well actually with snow/ice). I think for the 92 it was optional to get the limited slip or not, not totally sure how that worked. It would be something to look into. - I quick look and it was optional on just certain pathfinders.

As far as plowing, I have seen an older (early - mid 90s pathfinder) with a plow. It can be done, but it will kill the front end probably, just like any lighter weight vechical. It is probably cheaper to go get an old beat up pickup or something and put a plow on (I see a few of those around also).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts