Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve called the nissan dealership, no dice. Local shops, no dice. My chillton guide says it’s right next to the distributor so I’m wondering if I need a new distributor or if it’s a part that I can order separately.
Anyone know where to find one online?

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,440 Posts
The camshaft position sensor is located inside the ignition distributor. It's not serviceable; you need to replace the entire distributor; if you're planning to replace it, don't buy a new aftermarket unit; only buy a new Nissan OEM unit; (not sure if Nissan stocks them anymore) or a re-man'd OEM. Aftermarket types have been known to be unreliable, don't last long and many times are DOA. A good place to buy them is at RockAuto.com; they sell re-man'd OEM distributors; good prices, good return policy and refunded core charge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The camshaft position sensor is located inside the ignition distributor. It's not serviceable; you need to replace the entire distributor; if you're planning to replace it, don't buy a new aftermarket unit; only buy a new Nissan OEM unit; (not sure if Nissan stocks them anymore) or a re-man'd OEM. Aftermarket types have been known to be unreliable, don't last long and many times are DOA. A good place to buy them is at RockAuto.com; they sell re-man'd OEM distributors; good prices, good return policy and refunded core charge.
Thank you sir. I had a feeling it was part of the distributor. I currently have an aftermarket unit and it has failed 3 times already. I’ll definitely go with an OEM. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts