13* longer duration
0.5" higher lift
better high end breathing
14-16 HP gain

Acura/Honda B-Series
DOHC VTEC Engines

US $599 - CAN $ 899

S&H - $12-15.00

HAHAHHAHA, Only freaking 14-16 HP gain, that aint JACK!.. we get like 43 at top notch!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I'm not gonna take sides...I'm just concerned about you seeing and comparing the dyno charts. You WONT get 43 hp from just dropping in the cams....and its not throughout the powerband. ;) I'm no expert, so I dont go around singing praises.

·
Banned
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, at our top RPM with jwt eCU, we get 43HP and its a justified gain, in HIGh RPMS, and we can tune our cams alot better than freaking givics. because of there V-tech, they cant really do much at all.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Which means they're better tuned from the factory and produce higher HP numbers and equivalent torque on the same displacement. So, more people buy them (with good reason), their aftermarket increases dramatically, and us Nissan guys are left in the dust when it comes to aftermarket parts availibility.

I wish you guys would quit the Honda bashing... it's getting old. The fact remains that Hondas are very good cars and not everyone that buys one is an idiot, nor are they "pieces of junk" as I've seen posted elsewhere. I would like to see a 1.6L Sentra and an Si go head-to-head with equal mods. My money is on the Honda.

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
samo said:
I would like to see a 1.6L Sentra and an Si go head-to-head with equal mods. My money is on the Honda.

Samo... perhaps a comparison between a 1.6L Nissan and a Honda EX would be better? I see your logic with both the Nissan and Si being 1.6L (damn 160hp is a lot for a 1.6L --- Honda is getting that part right!), but the Si would be starting off with either 45 or 50hp more, depending on if the Nissan is a B13 or 14. Either way, I'm with you, and your point is 100% valid.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
samo said:
Which means they're better tuned from the factory and produce higher HP numbers and equivalent torque on the same displacement
No Honda can touch the torque of a Nissan.... you need to look at the Honda 1.6's HP numbers again... The GA is stronger.

Civic SI
With Mods: AEM Cold Air intake, DC Sports 4-2-1 header, Neuspeed 8mm plug wires, and Mugen twin loop muffler.
Peak WHP: 148.1
Peak TQ: 103.9

You can get that torque from a moded GA16....

1997 Acura Integra Type R
Stock 162.4 WHP 116.2 TQ
Mods: Intake, Exhaust, Cam Timing advanced,
Techtom, and CPU upgrade (fine-tuned on dyno)
187 & 132.5

Speaks for itself....

·
Red line chaser
814 Posts
Samo, you wanna compare?
SR16VE vs. B16A? More of a fair comparison here.
Nissan wins in 1st. round KO!!! :cool:

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Look, my point isn't to argue which car is better, nor is it to start a fight. Both Nissans and Hondas have their strong points, and I'm proud to drive a Nissan, even if it is slow :) . What I'm saying is this: So what if a B16a only pulls 14-16hp out of new cams? Does that make Hondas "gay" as the thread topic put it? I don't think so. The fact remains that Honda makes reliable, powerful cars and they're not "gay" or "stupid" or "junk" or whatever else people like to call them.

This division within the import world of brand loyalty is idiotic and only serves to divide us further. Why do you think import tuners get such a bad rap from law enforcement? Part of it is street racing, but another major part is because of this stupid and childish thug behavior that we all should have grown out of upon graduation from high school.

"My car is better than yours!"
"No it's not!"
"Yes it is! I make more torque than you!"
"So? I have more aftermarket parts!"

Who gives a crap what kind of HP numbers a B16/B18 can pull out of this particular brand of cams? Why does it matter in the long run? If we as import tuners and enthusiasts expect to be taken seriously as real car enthusiasts, not a bunch of teenagers tearing up the streets, we cannot allow simple brand division to get in the way of our passion for cars. This Honda vs. Nissan garbage should have been left behind long ago.

EDIT: Syntax

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Well,
I own a B14, and a first generation Integra (5 door LS). Both have 1.6L engines, both make 113 HP or something around that. They each have their differences, but that is mainly due to age and engineering. The B16?? motor in the integra has been tweaked in the past 15 years or so (non-VTEC), but the bones are basically the same. The low end in the 88 integra beats my GA16DE always, and its far more sensitive up to about 2000 RPM. Then the GA16DE is more responsive up to 5000 RPM. Then both are about the same (wheezy). The acura definately sounds better, more vroomy, as opposed to zoomy in the Nissan. Other than that its a matter of taste. I have had no manufacturer specific problems with any of them. Both are holding up just fine. Handleing in the integra was better until I upgraded the rubber on the Nissan. Otherwise I prefer my Nissan now simply because it is newer (NVH) and has a better A/C, even though the itnegra is a hatch and I prefer hatches. Everything else can be customed to my tastes regardless of car (seat, radio, etc.) So it all really boils down to price and availability of service (NOT parts in this internet age. and all work I do myself, so shop availability and experience with a brand is irellevant.)

Seth

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
samo said:
Which means they're better tuned from the factory and produce higher HP numbers and equivalent torque on the same displacement. So, more people buy them (with good reason), their aftermarket increases dramatically, and us Nissan guys are left in the dust when it comes to aftermarket parts availibility.

I wish you guys would quit the Honda bashing... it's getting old. The fact remains that Hondas are very good cars and not everyone that buys one is an idiot, nor are they "pieces of junk" as I've seen posted elsewhere. I would like to see a 1.6L Sentra and an Si go head-to-head with equal mods. My money is on the Honda.
i agree.. everyone has the right to choose their cars. If it wasnt for the honda markets i wouldnt have been able to get food in my belly and all them good stuff.

·
Niss-Nut
160 Posts
Samo is right you have a right to chose just accept that other people have the right to chose something else.
I had a 92 Civic H/B that I still have an emotional link to. One of the things that lead me to Nissans was the underdog factor plus My pulsar had basically the same features as the civic( plus more room).
Also horsepower doesnt mean a thing if you cant drive .
To add a different spin to it , Barbados is "Toyota Country" and we have to compete with 20valve 1.6L Carollas with 165hp stock.

·
Oh, Herro!
2,337 Posts
Thank you, everyone who agrees with me, or is at least willing to understand my point. We all love our Nissans, but that doesn't have to mean that we hate Hondas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts