Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read somewhere about cheap cams? i have the b13... i think i might have heard that the b14 cams are bigger ? any replys are greatly takin...

·
Super Moderator
1,065 Posts
You might be able to find some used JWT 1.6 cams somewhere.

·
Registered
34 Posts
the b14 intake cam has a few more degrees of duration and a bit more lift than the b13. the exhaust cam was the same. It realistically wont add any more power over the b13 cam, not without the b14 head and intake to go with it.
JWT cams are not worth the effort either, their specs are a measly improvement even for a stage 1 cam. 23 degrees more "advertised" duration and a whole .003" more lift on the intake is pitiful. If they just sold the exhaust cam with the same specs as the factory intake and cut the price more than in half it might be a decent deal.

A hard weld regrind from crower or comp is about the only way to get any bang for the buck. OEM or JWT your just getting pocket change in the power market.

yep i said it. jwt sucks :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
b13 to b14 cams

Changing to a b14 cam would give your more in the top end of the revs, but would also lower the low end power. Not much mind you but there is a difference in power for each.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts