Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any Cam Shafts for the 2001 5spd 3.0ltr. Maxima?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm working on getting some custom made. JWT's are nice, but they're kind of mild.

So sometime soon, I'm taking my car to the dyno, and we're going to figure out what kind of cam would work best since I have a SC and nitrous. The shop I'm working with can get them done for the same price as JWT, and they use a new cam like the JWT, it's not a regrind.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
your car seems to be fully modified(SC and NOS), have you raced lately with someone?? or where do you see your car now?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I don't race much. I just like a fast car. Plus I like doing new stuff that everyone else doesn't have.

one_bad_max said:
your car seems to be fully modified(SC and NOS), have you raced lately with someone?? or where do you see your car now?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will sure do bro, but not now cuz my car is still stock with no modes yet. With in this week i will be installing an air cone filter.
For the cam as i said im very interested but just give me some times :)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JWT's got gen4 cams out, they should work in gen5's too, as the gen5 VQ cams are even more mild than the gen4 VQ cams. I think JWT has valvesprings and stuff out too.

I know I30krab on Maxima.org has a VQ30DE with DET internals on his I30, running JWT cams and valvetrain, good to 7500rpm. (yes, 7500rpm.)

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm told that the VQ cams they have are actually for the 350Z as they have to be shimmed to fit the 4th gen.

And Ron's car is just plain sick. Hard to believe what he's done to that thing.

brian said:
JWT's got gen4 cams out, they should work in gen5's too, as the gen5 VQ cams are even more mild than the gen4 VQ cams. I think JWT has valvesprings and stuff out too.

I know I30krab on Maxima.org has a VQ30DE with DET internals on his I30, running JWT cams and valvetrain, good to 7500rpm. (yes, 7500rpm.)

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So is it going to fit in my car :D (2001 Maxima 3.0Ltr, 5spd)?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any Ideas of how much is it? and how many Horse Power i will gain?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Around $1200, and no one has really verified the gains yet, not with a dyno anyways. The few guys that do have them usually are running boost also. People are saying around 20 hp, but you should have done some other mods first. At least have intake, y-pipe, exhaust. This should not be your first mod.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts