Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 200sx se and I am about to drop it 2 in. and is the camber so bad that I will need a camber kit and will I need it for front and rear or the just the front

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AznVirus said:
well, first off, you shouldnt even drop it more than 1.5 inches since you will bottom out a lot. our cars dont have much suspension travel.
Get shorter struts and you wont have that problem. Or buy the AGXs and you can pretty much do whatever you want. Im tucking 17s and the rides as soft as my Accord. Little to no camber too. Nissans arent like Hondas in that area.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
basically F up the bottom end of ur car and its not cool because i know people whose have hondas and they insist on dropping it 3 in. and louisiana do not take care of their roads at all and they're potholes galores and bottoming out here in lousiana is usual

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Bottom out

When I say bottom out I dont; refer to hitting the bottom of yoru car on something. I refer to you hitting the bump stops on your suspension. DOing that too frequently can cause your shocks to bottom out internally (untechnical term ;) ) This is bad for your suspension and can ruin your struts.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What Wes said is correct. "Bottoming out" refers to reaching the end of your struts suspension at the lowest point. This occurs when you replace stock springs w/ lowering or shortened springs but leave the struts at their stock height. Essentially, you have the same amount of travel on the strut, but the shortened springs reduce the amount of travel you can actually USE. In some conditions, this can actually result in "Bump Steer" which can cause drivers to loose control of their cars. Suspension is something you CAN do cheeply, but I wouldnt recommend it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts