Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get a camber kit for both the front and rear suspension for the B12? Let me know if you do because my rear camber is all jacked up after I lowered it. Mabye someone could help me with this if they've had this problem. I installed the eibach pro kit and the front springs had already been clipped because I bought them used and the suspension if fine. But, in the rear there's positive camber on both sides, but it's much greater on the right side, and the left side is pretty normal. Anyone had this problem before. It's wearing out my right side tire on the outside pretty fast.

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
yes , they do

hey guys. i know for a fact that sprint and chikara both make camber kits for the b12. jc witney carries both of them for about 50 bucks a set . u might wanna take a look see there.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still haven't taken it to an alignment shop because I have been broke as of late. But camber isn't adustable on our cars I don't think. And the weird thing is that it's only on the left rear tire that there's positive camber. Do you think there could be something else wrong? I'm getting paid on monday so maybe I'll get an alignment then.

·
Moderator/ NPM staff
522 Posts
dude,
take it to the alignment shop and all your problems will go away. There's nothing wrong with car other than it needing alignment. The rear struts have already been slotted out so they should be able to straighten everything out. I recommend Clarence Brown in San Diego ($60 or so) if you happen to be in town. Hurry before you fry your tires!

And send me some pics of your car when you get a chance. :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I'll be sure to get the alignment done this next week cuz one of my tires is getting shredded on the outside. I'll try and send you some pics of my car, but I don't have a digital camera. Is there a way that I can scan photos though?

·
Registered
30 Posts
hey, so did the alignment solve your problems? i have a b12 & was thinking of lowering it...but, i dunno if i really need the camber kit? tell me what u think.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It turns out that I had positive camber on my right rear tire because I didn't align the strut to knuckle connection properly. I took another look at it later on, loosened the two strut to knuckle bolts, pulled the assembly up and aligned it and tightened, and haven't had any problems since. My front tires (the ones you really only have to worry about on FWD cars when you lower them) are perfect despite the fact that the springs are cut and it lowers the car about 3". It just depends on the car, but other than the right rear tire on my car, I've had zero problems with the camber. When I did get an alignment they only adjusted the toe. Lowering your car with a set of springs from eibach, sprint, etc. should be fine, and if you do end up with negative camber, sprint sells camber kits for our cars for like $30 or less.

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
if ur experiencing tire wear issues, one of my problems was that the spring had become unseated which threw my alignment WAY off because the bearing wasn t turning, the whole strut tower was turning. if u ever experience a loud thunk when u turn ur wheel. ur springs is the culprit, not ur cv s.:/

1 - 11 of 11 Posts