Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all! new to the forum and need some help! i have a 04 sentra that is 4 months old,and recently changed to a winter tire. now the car pulls to the right, and the steering wheel is off center. the shop that put on the tires said my left front camber was out by +48.? they also said there is no way to adjust this. so i went to nissan, they did an alignment and claimed all is well. its not much better so i will go back. does this car have a camber or toe adjustment in the rear? or is it a solid axle? what other type could it be? i need some help!

·
Registered
22 Posts
devo said:
hello all! new to the forum and need some help! i have a 04 sentra that is 4 months old,and recently changed to a winter tire. now the car pulls to the right, and the steering wheel is off center. the shop that put on the tires said my left front camber was out by +48.? they also said there is no way to adjust this. so i went to nissan, they did an alignment and claimed all is well. its not much better so i will go back. does this car have a camber or toe adjustment in the rear? or is it a solid axle? what other type could it be? i need some help!
Put your summer tires back on and see if the problem goes away.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
zerosin said:
Put your summer tires back on and see if the problem goes away.
i am being told that it will... as i dont have alot of time to take tires on and off the car, i will trust the experts. it is a very aggressive tread patern, so i imagine this may be part of the culprit. however after two alignments,the pull is not as much but the steering wheel is still a little off center. just enough to annoy me!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
to tell you the truth, most companies don't even know how to work the alignment machines. . . or if they know how to work them, the machine isn't balanced properly. . . so if the machine says your car is balanced and toed properly, this may be off because the machine is off. . .that is just an idea

oh and never go to sears. . . my uncle and grandpa (whoa install car alignment racks) said sears worked on machines when they weren't balanced.
the machines need balancing over time, so just a thought

have a nice day

1 - 4 of 4 Posts