Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone struck this where replacin either of the 3 sensors doesnt cure the prob. iv ckecked the cam timin an tensioner an ecu signal voltages which are fine so im thinkin its somethin to do with the variable valve timin/control solenoid. nissan n.z have no idea so any input would be cool.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
for the QG18DE there were recalls on both the cam and crank position sensors. Might look into the crank sensor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the modis groups the crank sensor and the 2 cam sensors under "cam sensor" fault. replaced all 3 cleared the memory to get it out of limp mode, its fine for about 20 secs then jumps into limp mode again. the sensors iv fitted are the ones manufactured after the recall been down that venue already. i need to no about the variable valve timin setup/controllers what sort of signals r normal i have a constant voltage at the control solenoid right through the rev/load range which im guessin isnt quite right. cheers anyway mate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i did i replaced the timing chain and tensioner. Apparently they stretch which the puts the timing out ever so slightly, pinging the code. Nissan were of no help at all coz they have never heard of a qg motor with 2 cam sensors a crank sensor and a flywheel sensor. Good luck and let me no how you get on

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have not got any codes at all coming up. Had heard from a couple of places that cam chains stretch, but they said it should bring up a code. If I crank engine over on starter and disconnect a cam sensor, the correct code comes up.
How does engine behave when in 'limp mode'? also how did you clear the memory to get out of limp mode?
Thanks for reply!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts