Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

2003 Sentra 2.5L. 70,000 miles.

My car decided to stop running. It tried to start... but sounded like no compression. I pulled the codes. Got P0011 and P0340. I went to the dealer and picked up the cam/crank sensor kit. I also had the recall on this done several years ago. I replaced the sensors with new ones. I cleared the codes and tried to start... It is cranking pretty good now sounds like there is compression but still will not start. I am getting spark... Anyone have any ideas??? I have tried to search the forums and it seems that most people have replaced sensors and it fixed the problem... not me... Is my next step to inspect the timing chain and gears?

Thanks,

Avis

·
Registered
790 Posts
Hello,

2003 Sentra 2.5L. 70,000 miles.

My car decided to stop running. It tried to start... but sounded like no compression. I pulled the codes. Got P0011 and P0340. I went to the dealer and picked up the cam/crank sensor kit. I also had the recall on this done several years ago. I replaced the sensors with new ones. I cleared the codes and tried to start... It is cranking pretty good now sounds like there is compression but still will not start. I am getting spark... Anyone have any ideas??? I have tried to search the forums and it seems that most people have replaced sensors and it fixed the problem... not me... Is my next step to inspect the timing chain and gears?

Thanks,

Avis
Did you change both sensors? Both the cam and crank sensor. They're in different locations. Do you have a header? Have you loctited your butterfly screws?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts