Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of sway bars for the B13 from a friend Second hand. I have been unable to figure out how all the brackets go... Can anyone give me a heads up. I couldn't figure out how to make them fit without hitting the struts. They came off an 92 Se-R so I know they will fit!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't bother installing the ST front bar unless you like understeer.

Stick with just the rear bar if you want the car to handle well.

Hope that helps,

Jon

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want the front sway bar!!! I think I finally figured it out. I was trying to figure how the rear hooked up but I think that the L clamp bolts to the Rear radius arm and then there are brackets which allow the long bolt to slide into position!

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
SE-Rial killer, what are your spring rates? That will determine if getfast is on the mark. With stock springs, ST rearbar and OEM front bar will make for spooky handling. That would be fine for autocrossing but not everyday driving.

Both ST bars and 205 tires will make the back-end come around slowly in longer radius turns, even under power. The car is almost pitchable.

·
Registered
79 Posts
What do you mean by "spooky handling"?

I've been running on stock springs, agxs, st rear sway bar, and stock front bar with poly bushings, and I haven't run into anything 'spooky' yet.

You do have to be more careful with it, you might scare yourself pretty good if you dive into a corner too fast and lift then brake. But if you're doing that, you need to be stirred up a little. :)

Aaron

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
you might scare yourself pretty good if you dive into a corner too fast and lift then brake.
That's spooky handling for most American drivers. And what I meant.

·
Registered
79 Posts
bahearn said:
That's spooky handling for most American drivers. And what I meant.
I figured, but had to ask. :) Also, that is very true. Once I heard something to the effect of: if a driver pushes a car too hard and it plows into a wall with the front end, its the drivers mistake. if its pushed too hard and the rear comes around, its the manufacturers fault.

I like to know that at autocrosses I can setup the car for off throttle oversteer. :)

ak

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
if a driver pushes a car too hard and it plows into a wall with the front end, its the drivers mistake. if its pushed too hard and the rear comes around, its the manufacturers fault.
Horse effluvium.

In both cases it would be the driver's fault because he didn't drive within the limits of the car.

If that's tongue-in-cheek, well, I can't see so good no more due to my advancing age.

·
Registered
79 Posts
> In both cases it would be the driver's fault because he didn't drive within the limits of the car.

You're right. Does this sound better:

Since most street production cars are designed to understeer, if the driver pushes it too hard and it starts plowing, TYPICALLY, an unexperienced driver is going to decide that the car needs to go slower (duh :), stepping on the brakes. Transfering weight to the front tires of the vehicle while slowing it down, steering ability returns and they can correct.

If it oversteered and they stepped on the brakes, well, it just got worse. :)

Aaron

1 - 10 of 10 Posts