Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was changing the brake pads on a 97 Nissan Sentra and the sliders on the caliper brackets were frozen. I tried to take those out, but accidentally drilled a hole into the side of bracket. I purchased a new bracket from autozone and it was .3 inches too big causing the brakes to sit too high and preventing the wheel from going on. I went to napa, and their part gave the same problem. Has anyone else had this problem? The bolts are 17mm on the bracket I have, but for some reason the other ones seem to be larger threaded holes. What could be going on?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was changing the brake pads on a 97 Nissan Sentra and the sliders on the caliper brackets were frozen. I tried to take those out, but accidentally drilled a hole into the side of bracket. I purchased a new bracket from autozone and it was .3 inches too big causing the brakes to sit too high and preventing the wheel from going on. I went to napa, and their part gave the same problem. Has anyone else had this problem? The bolts are 17mm on the bracket I have, but for some reason the other ones seem to be larger threaded holes. What could be going on?
Hey man I had the same problem whem looking for a new caliper mounting bracket for my 95 sentra. The problem I had was that the bracket I ordered was for a 2000 sentra and was mislabled in their system. I have an extra mounting bracket for sale if you're interested. Just IM me and well talk. Kevin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts