Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am about to install a new cai on my 02 sentra gxe. i need to know what else i need to buy before i instal it. a friend told me i ned to buy a bunch of hoses or vacuum lines and i also need to know about how to hook back up all the connectors onto the new cai, and about reseting for the new cai also, thanks.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
first, if you got a hotshot CAI or place racing unit, it comes with everything you need. If you got a no-name brand CAI........I don't know if it's complete or not, and I can ell you I'm sure the MAF adapter won't work properly.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
the thing that allows you to connect the CAI to the MAF. it'll be a circle of metal connected to a plate with 4 holes in it.

100% sure that if you got an ebay/cheap brand CAI that the MAF adapter with it own't work.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
I dont want to come off as a dick, but if you got an Ebay unit, consider not using it because it is inferior build quality, crappy filter, incompatible maf adapter (most ebay stores will group any sentra made from 2000-2005 together) and generally crappy mounting hardware.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no offense taken im actually glad you guys said that cuz i really dont want to buy some little peice of shit that wont fit right you know? thanks, but what is a maf?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Another thing you need to watch out for is some shops will try to sell you a cai for the 2.0 SR20DE, and they will swear up and down it will fit. It can but you have to drill holes into the maf adaptor for it to. Which is what I ended up doing. Hotshot is a good brand to go with, they have a good reputation, and they have a cai meant for the 1.8 QG

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey, i just put my CAI in today its from hotshots, it works well and comes with all the right parts, but your going to need a cutting tool. Because you have to cut away at part of your heat sheald and another part of metal to allow the tube to get outside the engine compartment. i used a grinder, one of the hand held ones and that works. Also your going to need a car jack and at least one jack stand because your going to have to get under the car to install the actual filter. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts