Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
Hey Treydee... the sarcastic smilies and lil .gifs can stay on other boards. So it was a newbie question, cut him some slack. :D

Shaheenmachine --- just as Trey said, 3 companies currently produce a CAI: Hotshot, Place Racing, and most recently, AEM. All should run you around $200, give or take some depending on the deal you get. Look for some group deals on parts in the "Classified" forum.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yo I was just playin around,but I will go back to the
better board cause don't no body know s_h_i_t here anyways!!!!!!

p.s. keep your slick remarks to yourself:mad: :mad:

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
So go back to them. And we don't know anything? Ok...

The words "Asshole" in your lil funny pic *could* be taken differently by other people. Don't assume everyone catches your drift.

Ta-ta.

·
NPM Staff
105 Posts
I think the AEM unit costs quite a bit more than the HS and PR units. I have the HS one, and it's polished (chrome look) picked it up for $180, PR CAI's are powdercoated, the AEM one is either powdercoated or painted, I'm truthfully not sure. Another thing to think about, the AEM one is aluminum (i think) so it's going to be quite a bit lighter than the others, just costs a lot more. If you're looking for the most power, then go AEM, looking for the best value, i'd probably recommend going HS or PR.

For more impressions try doing a search on the forum for past posts about CAI's. (Seach button is in the upper right corner of page) :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry!!!!!!!!!!

You guys really can't take a joke around here!!!See thats what makes us SE-R GUYS different,we love our cars and we stick together that post I made wasn't entended to offend anyone
and I am sorry for doing it.I love my car and my SE-R Peeps!!!!

·
Former SuperMod
745 Posts
TREYDEE said:
You guys really can't take a joke around here!!!See thats what makes us SE-R GUYS different,we love our cars and we stick together that post I made wasn't entended to offend anyone
and I am sorry for doing it.I love my car and my SE-R Peeps

In case you haven't noticed, this BB is not for just GA16DE guys. Besides, what forum did you post in? B13... that covers just a few different models and motors. As for the SE-R guys being diff than others, I agree with you. They do stick together, as compared to a lot of other car owners. I should know... I've been with SE-R guys for 4+ years now, in the form of email lists, BBs, meets, SE-R conventions, dyno days, bbq's, countless parts installs, and oh yeah... my roomate! (JustinP10) :cool:

I might have jumped the gun with my first post. I believe you did not want to piss off or offend anyone here. If my post came off as being big-headed, let me apologize right here and now. I'm not one to start shit on the boards, just trying to keep it free from BS. Again, just trying to help as much as I can. That's why I offered to moderate 2 forums here.

Also, as mentioned in my first post, you did provide very helpful information about CAIs. It was just the smilies at the bottom that caught too much of my attention. After surfing Club Si for too many hours (damn the "Out There!" forum LOL), and seeing all the garbage on it, I do what I can to stop any *potential* on this forum. The pics were funny, it was just the Asshole one that was... let's say a bit unnecessary.

Anywho, I think we have cleared it all up and put it behind us. Please continue to post on the forum, and of course continue to love your SE-R! :) I'm gonna keep loving my Sentra till I graduate from college (Dec.) --- then it's onto either a 200 or a 240. Staying Nissan though, what other way is there to go?

Take it easy bro...

·
Former B13 owner...
302 Posts
Hey shaheenmachine, I'm looking to get a CAI for my '94 XE also... Found some Hotshot, Place Racing, AEM CAI's online... the Hotshot and Place Racing CAI's are considerably cheaper than the AEM CAI... Even though the AEM CAI is more expensive than the other two, I'm still leaning towards AEM. I found an AEM CAI online for $286 :( with free shipping :)... I know it's alot of $$$ but it was the cheapest price I could find :eek:.

·
Registered
152 Posts
ive got a place racing cai which is working pretty good, the only thing is its loud as hell. i had a friend drive my car down the street, there was a point where i felt the vibration from the noise. its the only intake that i have had i can hear while coming to a stop, its pretty cool, almost like an exhaust noise but from the front.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You might wanna check out your local welding shop because i had someone to make a custom cold air intake made out of aluminum and it cost me just about the same as a place racing CAI system

1 - 13 of 13 Posts