Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay my friend was talking to someone and that person told and even convinced my friend that a short ram intake with a heat guard is better than a CAI(performance wise), he also said this is because the short ram took in more air than a CAI. i always thought and believed that CAI was so much better b/c it literally sucked in cold air to ur engine which produces more power. Can someone please help me and tell me which is true, b/c now i am completely confused. and a detailed description of how it works would be great b/c i would love to prove this kid wrong.
- Jay

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
CAI's are better. Sucking in cold air is better than sucking in more hot air because colder air is more dense.

a cooler air charge will produce more power than an equal volume of warm/hot air because there are less actual oxygen molecules in the given volume of air

·
Registered
871 Posts
Mike is correct, although it is sometimes hard to tell, CAI's almost allways produce better dyno numbers than short ram systems.

·
Registered
52 Posts
the only way a short ram would be good is if you took of your hood, cold air runs better i had them both, and i like the CAI

·