Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm planning on installing an intake but in this part of the world we go through a pretty bad rainy season.

What I wanted to know was do the Place Racing, AEM or Hotshot intakes I've seen convert between the cai and wai?

I've noticed that with the hotshot it seems as though you have to mount it in down into the wheel arch or something like that. Is it the case with the other cai options for the sentra??

Lastly, if these products support going from cai to wai how easily is it done? Do I need to lift the car, get off the wheel and that sorta thing??

Appreciate your feedback..

Thanks!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
AEM

The aem bypass is an option but I'm kinda skeptical about how well it might work with our rainy season here.

At any rate it seems as though the aem and place mounts well inside the engine bay anyway so the bypass might not even be necessary...

Hotshot on the other hand seem to mount with the filter well outside the engine bay, in the wheel arch. Now if that were the case with them then I'd need to know if and how easily they can go from cold to hot.

It looks like it might involve taking off my wheel, unbolting the filter, unbolting the downpipe...sliding it out of the engine bay then reattaching the filter to the shorter pipe of the head. Just need confirmation from someone who has worked with them before.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts