Nissan Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
I know this is an old thread... but I just installed my Hotshot CAI and wanted to vent! It's too bad that Hotshot couldn't have just taken a few extra steps to help make the install easier. None of the vacuum hoses fit-- I had to go out and buy new hose, clamps, and an adapter because Hotshot used a different hose size on one of the nipples. The MAF adapter is a piece of crap. It just barely bolts on, and it doesn't really fit very well. There is no real good way to install the temperator sensor, the instructions said that there was a grommet to make this work, but no grommet was in the box. Lastly, after cutting everything carefully and putting everything together, my battery didn't fit. I had to go out and spend $100 on a smaller battery. I'm sure Hotshot could've at least given me a few tips on how to avoid that... oh well.

Anyways, it would be nice to see Hotshot step up their quality control. I've also heard some stories about how crappy their customer service is. Kinda makes me not want to buy their headers now. :mad:

But all that said, I certainly did get a huge smile on my face when I fired up my SE-R and took it for a spin. :) So all in all, it wasn't too terribly painful to install. But something like that should only tak 3-4 hours. I think it ended up taking me the whole damn day.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.